Free Legal Clinic
SHARP Workplaces free legal clinic with the Community Legal Assistance Society (CLAS) will provide you with up to five hours of free confidential legal advice from a lawyer. A lawyer can:
- Explain your rights and legal options
- Provide advice on how to address sexual harassment in your workplace
- Explain how to file a human rights complaint, WorkSafe complaint, or other process
- Advise whether you may make a complaint to the police
- Help by reviewing or drafting documents
- Coach you through a complaint or legal process
- Advise you in negotiations
- Help you prepare for a settlement meeting or hearing
- Refer you to services for additional support that you may be able to access, such as counselling
With the help of a lawyer, you decide what you do and don't want to do.
If you are not sure you are ready for a legal option, please note it is important to get legal guidance early to protect your rights. If you would like to access community-based services, you may want to see the resources listed here, or call VictimLinkBC at 1-800-563-0808 for multicultural support and guidance to services in your community.